“Autumn is well on its way as the days get a little shorter and the sky greyer, but it’s arguably the most inspiring time of the year for fashion. The classic leather jacket and ankle boot sees a welcome return to the front of the wardrobes and this season there’s a lot of fun to be had experimenting with pastel, camouflage and more 90s trends.”
1. The leather biker jacket. If you haven’t got one of these already, you’ve been missing a trick, and a leather jacket is a MUST this season. Invest in beautiful quality leather and it’ll last you into the next decade. I personally love American brand Theyskens Theory for investment pieces. If black bores you, pick up one in gorgeous cobalt blue or in coloured suede for a fresh take. All Saints also have a great variety this season from shearling to bomber styles.
2. 90’s tartan classic the kilt has been revived in mini form this season and it looks great with ankle boots, sheer tights or bare legs, and a classic leather jacket. Asos do a show stopping piece in either neon pink or black.
3. Pastels are usually associated with Spring, but this season they’re taking over from the usual Autumnal aubergines and greens. This season why not choose a chunky knit in pastel blue instead of black? Erdem have a stunning silk blended cardigan and from Antonia Marras there’s a sweet light blue cashmere version.
4. Camouflage is big for this season. Christopher Kane started this trend by giving it a grown-up spin on luxe fabrics, and Whistles are doing some superb high street versions of this look. A camo sweatshirt is a great trans-seasonal piece too – try APC for style and top notch quality.
5. Kimono Drape Coats look so elegant and exude a vintage New York vibe. Whatever your budget from John Lewis to Ted Baker they’re cosy and perfect for layering in style.